The new season of “Mira Quien Baila” will begin airing today, Sunday, March 14 on Univision. The television network is scheduled to begin broadcasting the grand premiere at 8:00 PM Eastern Time.
Chiquinquirá Delgado and Borja Voces are the official presenters of the ninth season of “Mira Quien Baila”, the important television competition that has broken audience records on Univision programming for over ten years.
Kiara Liz, winner of the eighth season of “Look Who Dances”, will be in charge of showing everything that happens behind the scenes of the competition with each of the participants of this year’s edition.
Star-studded actress and singer Patricia Manterola will make her debut as a member of the jury and will be joined by creative director and professional dancer Casper Smart and former Miss Universe Dayanara Torres, winner of the fifth season of “Mira Quien Baila”.
The members of the jury will play a crucial role in this year’s competition because they will evaluate the technique, evolution, and narrative ability of the stars in dance numbers.
It is the first time in Univision’s television production that all participants are part of the television network, so the audience will be closely related to each of the faces that will compete on the dance floor.
The “Look Who Baila” competition will air every Sunday on Univision at 8:00 PM ET.
Meet the participants and the charities they will represent:
- Mariajosé Alvarado: The participant of Univision’s “Enamorándonos” competition, will dance for the benefit of CARECEN LA, which focuses on immigration and DACA.
- La Bronca (Sylvia del Valle): The host of the “El Free-Guey Show” of Uforia, will represent CHIRLA, an entity that is dedicated to immigrants and DACA.
- Lindsay Casinelli: The TUDN sports journalist and host of “República Deportiva” will represent United We Dream on stage, which supports education and immigrants.
- Tony Dandrades: The award-winning news and entertainment journalist from “Primer Impacto” decided to represent the Afro-Latino Association for Policy & Advocacy, which promotes social justice.
- Víctor González: The popular soap opera actor (Quererlo todo, Soltero con hijas) will dance on behalf of No Kid Hungry, an entity that strives to eliminate the hunger that children go through in the United States.
- Roberto Hernández: The correspondent for the popular UniMás reality show “Enamorándonos” will dance for Amhiga Hispana, a non-profit organization founded in Austin, Texas, to empower Spanish-speaking women through education.
- Aleyda Ortiz: The host of “Gangas & Deals” from “Despierta América” and “News Café” from Univision Miami, as well as winner of “Nuestra Belleza Latina 2014”, will represent Hogar Ruth. The group offers protection shelter and support services to survivors of domestic violence in their hometowns in Puerto Rico.
- Chef Yisus: The charismatic chef and celebrity of “Despierta América” will dance for Amigos for Kids, whose mission is to prevent child abuse.
What will happen on the opening night of Look Who Baila?
The show will begin with a spectacular musical number that will include the eight celebrities who participate in this special edition of the program. After their first performance together, the competition will begin with a round of duels that will generate friendly rivalry on the dance floor. The duels are:
- Tony Dandrades will dance salsa against Chef Yisus.
- Mariajosé Alvarado will dance regional Mexican music against La Bronca.
- Roberto Hernández will dance the quickstep against Víctor González.
- Lindsay Casinelli will dance the tango against Aleyda Ortiz.