LEBRON JAMES TATTOOS
Lebron James, NBA star and icon of the sport, is also one of the men whose style influences many young people, and of course, one of the celebrities who also stands out for the tattoos he wears on his body. Let’s see next, what are the tattoos of LeBron James and their meanings.
In the world of sports, it seems to be recurring the fact of wearing many tattoos. This is the case for example of soccer players like Neymar , but also basketball players like LeBron James .
LEBRON JAMES TATTOOS AND THEIR MEANINGS
It is difficult to know the total number of tattoos on the body of LeBron James since the player seems to have tattoos all over his body, not only the ones that are seen or exposed, but also the ones that are covered. He is said to have 42 tattoos , but the truth is that he is very fond of getting new every year, so this number may have grown while reading.
Anyway, one thing we are clear about is that the Los Angeles Lakers player seems to have a style of tattoos in which all the elements represented have to do with his sports career and the achievements he has been achieving throughout of their life. As we have said, not all LeBron James tattoos are in sight so we have compiled those that are the best and those that are most seen on his body. They are as follows.
CHOSEN TATTOO ON THE BACK
A tattoo of the word “Chosen” that means “Chosen”, located on the back of LeBron James, is undoubtedly the tattoo that stands out most of all the player wears. This is also one of the first tattoos he got, since he decided to tattoo that word more than a decade ago when Sports Illustrated sports magazine nicknamed him “chosen” on a cover when James was still in high school.
LION HEAD AND “KING JAMES” ON THE ARM
The tattoo of a lion that LeBron James wears on his right arm is also another of the first tattoos that he got. This is also a tattoo that has undergone several changes over the years, since shortly after entering the NBA and beginning to reap success in his career, he decided to tattoo a crown on the lion’s head and also, Write the phrase (above and below) “King James”.
WINGED LION ON CHEST
Lions seem to be recurring in LeBron James’ tattoo choice. In addition to the head on the arm that we have already pointed out, the player also has this other tattoo that you see above : a lion with wings that he has tattooed on his chest, which represents him and everything that is important to the player, in addition to representing for him a kind of “coat of arms” After getting this tattoo, he also added the words “Family” and “Loyalty” on each side.
BEAST AND “HOLD MY OWN” ON THE LEFT ARM
On his left arm, Lebron James sports two additional tattoos: the inscription “The Beast” and what looks like a bear scratching his skin, and the words “Hold my Own”, a creed that is also apparently found in the collection Tattoo artist Allen Iverson, another former MVP, and that means his concept of “self-made man” is very common in the NBA, where most players come from modest or very poor backgrounds.
“AKRON” AND “EST.1984” IN THE CLAVICLES
In 2013, after winning his second NBA championship, LeBron James decided to remind us all about his birthplace and the year he was born. He added two new tattoos on his clavicles. His right shoulder says ” Akron ” (the name of his hometown) and his left shoulder says “Est. 1984 “.
TATTOOS OF YOUR CHILDREN ON THE ARMS
LeBron James has had two children with his girlfriend Savannah Brinson, whom he has dated since high school: LeBron James Junior, whose face has been tattooed since his first birthday, and Bryce Maximus James, whose name is also on his skin. The tattoo of his son’s face on the inside of the arm also bears the mention “Prince James”, once again a reference to the basketball royalty to which the player belongs.
OTHER TATTOOS FROM LEBRON JAMES
As we tell you, there are many LeBron James tattoos, but since many of them do not look or are well distinguished, we want to list them below :
- The 330 tattoo on his right forearm refers to the ZIP code of his hometown of Akron.
- Inside his arm, he carries the handwritten phrase “No one can see through who I am except who made me”
- His tattooed initials “L” and “J” are visible on the outside of his arms
- The tattoo of his mother’s name “Gloria” is on the lion’s head that the player wears on his arm. The situation is not trivial since it again reflects LeBron’s tendency to define himself as an exceptional being, a kind of Messiah who inherited a divine gift.
- We also find this theme through his tattoo on the torso “gifted boy” .
- His “Witness” calf tattoo is on the cover of a Nike campaign mounted to mark the launch of the Lebron James sneakers. This advertising campaign invited viewers to witness the advent of King James, as an exceptional sporting event (“We are all witnesses”, “We are all witnesses”). Another way to realize that Lebron James is a pure advertising product, from its earliest years. It must be admitted that the width of his shoulders, his talent and his ego have so far allowed him to please his fans and patrons.