The singer’s brother and his family were attacked when they were traveling in a truck through the Peripheral Ring; three dead and two injured, including a four-year-old girl
Three members of a family were murdered this Saturday afternoon when they were traveling on the Periférico Poniente in the Metropolitan Area of Guadalajara. Among the fatalities is a baby. The victims would be relatives of the singer of grupera and band music, Alfredo Olivas, who had already been a victim of attacks.
The events occurred around midday when 26-year-old Irving “N” and his 25-year-old wife were driving a black Cadillac Escalade pickup, model 2021, on the Periférico Poniente ring road, from south to north. In the back of the vehicle were her two children, a four-year-old girl, and a one-year-eight-month-old baby, accompanied by their nanny.
Attached in at least two vehicles of which there are no major characteristics, they paired on the side of the truck at the height of San Juan de Ocotán, and opened fire with large-caliber firearms against the right side of the Escalade.
Irving “N” died instantly and lost control, climbed onto the median, and crashed into the wall of an underground level crossing.
The driver, his wife, and a one year and eight-month-old baby were killed in the attack. The babysitter with only a few bruises, while the four-month-old girl suffered a hand injury. The survivor mentioned not having seen who shot them, only that when the windows began to shatter she crouched with the children, but the bullets had hit the baby.
Due to the arrival of emergency forces, two lanes of Periférico were closed, generating serious road problems in the area.
“We have no data on possible perpetrators, just as I mean, the report was received that the vehicle was hit with firearm projectile impacts, but they did not give us characteristics of the perpetrators,” said a police commander.
Other security incidents
The singer and his family have been the victims of several attacks in the last six years.
- In 2015, the singer was shot and wounded during a performance in the municipality of Hidalgo, Chihuahua.
- In July 2017, an uncle of the singer was murdered on the streets of the New Mexico neighborhood, in Zapopan.
- In December 2018, in the streets of the Ciudad de ls Niños neighborhood, Alfredo Olivas’ father suffered an attack in the Ciudad de los Niños neighborhood FaimlyFamilyof Zapopan.
- Two days after that attack, armed individuals entered the Santa María Chapalita Hospital to carry out the murder of Alfredo Olivas Sr., unleashing a shooting that left two people dead.
- Irving, the person killed this Saturday, was arrested in April 2019 for possession of a firearm in Ajijic, Chapala.