Malikah Shabazz Died: What Was Her Cause Of Death?

One of the daughters of the civil rights activist murdered in 1965, Malcolm X, was found dead this Tuesday (23.11) at her home in Brooklyn, New York.

The family has returned to the news in recent days after two men convicted of the Malcolm X murder were acquitted after reviewing the investigation. In February, Malcolm X’s daughters appealed for the case to be reopened in light of new testimony that would implicate New York police and the FBI.

Local police have confirmed the death of 56-year-old Malikah Shabazz, who was found by her daughter. According to the CNN television network, police said the death appears to have occurred due to natural causes.

Bernice King, daughter of another 1960s civil rights activist, Martin Luther King Jr., offered her condolences.

“I am deeply saddened by the death of Malikah Shabazz. My heart goes out to her family, the descendants of Dr. Betty Shabazz and Malcolm X. Dr. Shabazz was pregnant with Malikah and her twin sister Malaak when Brother Malcolm was murdered. Be at peace, Malikah,” King said via Twitter.

Last week, the New York court said it had obtained evidence favorable to the defense of the men convicted of the death of Malcolm X – who is considered one of the most influential African Americans in history along with Martin Luther King Jr..

The truth about murder

One of Malcolm X’s daughters, Ilyasah Shabazz, said at the time that she hoped the “long-awaited” decision would bring some peace to accused Islam and Aziz and their families. Shabazz, however, reaffirmed that his family still wants to know the full truth behind his father’s murder.

“Full justice will not be done until all parties involved in our father’s orchestrated murder are identified and brought to justice,” she said.

Earlier this year, the daughters presented a letter written by former New York police officer Raymond Wood, now deceased, in which he accused the New York police and FBI of being complicit in the murder.

According to her cousin, Wood, who was black and worked as an undercover agent, claimed to have approached Malcolm X’s entourage under orders from his superiors. Wood said he was responsible for detaining two of the activist’s bodyguards.

Three men were sentenced to life in prison for the crime. Wood, who only wanted his testimony to be made public after his death, maintained that the New York Police Department and the FBI kept certain aspects of the case secret.

Amelia Warner writes all the Latest Articles. She mostly covers Entertainment topics, but at times loves to write about movie reviews as well.

Leave a Comment