survey by ABC News and the Washington Post says that 27 percent of adults in the United States would not receive a COVID-19 vaccine even if one were available. On July 5, that prompted the FDA Commissioner to express his concern, even when he promised that the government will do its job to make sure vaccine candidates are safe.

FDA Commissioner Stephen Hahn said on ABC News: “It is a considerable number and it is concerning and, of course, the issue of vaccines in this country has been around for several years … the nation’s FDA has incredible scientific experience, and we do our job to assess the safety and efficacy of a candidate vaccine. “

Additionally, the survey found that opposition to taking a vaccine is particularly strong among Republicans, as 45 percent of strong conservatives are unwilling to receive one, including four out of 10 Republicans. The survey was released on June 2.

Without being persuaded by more than 130,000 pandemic deaths in the United States, 45 percent of strong conservatives, four out of 10 Republicans, and many evangelical Christians say they are unlikely to be vaccinated against the coronavirus, even for free. ” according to the survey.

According to The Washington Post , the race for a COVID-19 vaccine is underway, with more than 150 potential vaccines developed by “multinational pharmaceutical companies, academic groups, and government laboratories around the world.”

Here is what you need to know:

The survey found that more people “probably” would not receive a COVID-19 vaccine.

recent survey showed that 27% of adults are unlikely to accept a free vaccine against COVID-19, FDA Commissioner Stephen Hahn tells @martharaddatz “It’s worrying … [FDA] will do our job to assess the safety and efficacy of a possible vaccine candidate ”.

The survey found that some people do not trust vaccines, but others simply do not believe it is necessary against COVID-19. Overall, the survey found that “27 percent of adults in an ABCNews / Washington Post survey say they definitely (15 percent) or likely (12 percent) would not receive the vaccine. Among them, half say they do not trust vaccines in general, while almost a quarter do not think it is necessary in this case. “

The survey continued:
A plurality would definitely get vaccinated (43 percent) and 28 percent say they probably would. The net total, 71 percent, is much higher than the standard seasonal flu vaccination rate for adults: 45 percent in the 2018-19 flu season, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. USA (Widely by State, from 34 to 56 percent.) Much lower than the 2017 childhood polio and measles / mumps / rubella vaccination rates, 93 and 92 percent, respectively . A mix of groups expresses less interest in getting vaccinated: 46 percent of Republican women,
45 percent (as noted) are very conservative Americans, 40 percent Republicans, and 37 percent evangelical Christians.

According to ABC News , other surveys have found similar results (Fox News, ABC / Ipsos, Pew Research and CNN) “in which 23 to 33% of adults have said they would not be vaccinated or probably would not.”

Coronavirus cases are on the rise in the United States

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, there are now 2,841,906 cases of COVID-19 in the United States, with 52,228 new cases. There have been 129,576 deaths, with 271 new deaths. That is from July 5, 2020.

“Forty jurisdictions report more than 10,000 COVID-19 cases,” reports the CDC.
You can track charts showing deaths by State here . The deaths have decreased in recent
weeks in the United States, even when cases have skyrocketed. That may be, in part, because younger people are getting the virus and their immune systems are better equipped to fight it.

 

Amelia Warner– After graduating from NYU with a master's degree in history, She was also a columnist for many local newspapers. Amelia Warner mostly covers Entertainment topics, but at times loves to write about movie reviews as well.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *