An 11-year-old girl who was on vacation with her family in Buleleng, in the north of Bali, has died after eating cookies made with puffer fish

The incident occurred a few days ago when the minor went to visit the home of some relatives. There her cousin’s parents fed both the victim and the other five-year-old girl, salty crackers containing this fish. 

“When he got home, they both ate pufferfish cookies that were in a container,” explains a statement issued by Buleleng Police.

An hour later, the two girls began to show symptoms, feeling dizzy and weak, so they were transferred to Buleleng Public Hospital, where they were placed in intensive care.

The 11-year-old girl died hours after arriving at the health centre. Meanwhile, the other five-year-old girl was able to react to the treatment, and her prognosis was favourable. 

The authorities believe that the minor may have died due to the poison that this type of fish has, called tetrodotoxin, for which there is still no antidote, 

“His family also ate the same cookies that day, but they had no symptoms. The children may have eaten the parts that still had poison. “He clarified to the Police in a statement. 

Amelia Warner– After graduating from NYU with a master's degree in history, She was also a columnist for many local newspapers. Amelia Warner mostly covers Entertainment topics, but at times loves to write about movie reviews as well.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *