The singer and model have already positioned herself as one of the favorites on the music charts and almost simultaneously has managed to sneak in as an influencer and it-girl thanks to her magnificent style. Learn more about her below.
Dua Lipa is one of the singers of the moment. The young woman who has just turned 23 is shining with her own light thanks to her excellent music, feminist songs, and also for her spectacular style.
Lipa conquered us since we heard her hit New Rules, but we also love other interesting songs like Hotter than Hell, IDGAF, or Be The One. If you want to know more about this incredible singer, then keep reading because you will not believe what we discovered:
1. Origins: Dua Lipa is her real name and she was born in London as the first daughter of a Kosovar Albanian refugee couple. The couple made up of Dukagjin and Anesa Lipa had two other children, Rina and Gjini. All raised in London, but still have a special relationship with their origins, which is why they gave their children such peculiar names. In the case of Dua, its meaning is love and it has its origin in Albania. The singer confessed that in her childhood she did not like it, but that she has learned to love it.
2. Her parents: Following her parents, Dua practically inherited her beauty and talent from her parents, who have become very popular on social media as fans noticed how attractive they are. Also, her father at the time was a very popular singer in Kosovo, where she was part of the rock band, Kosovar Oda.
3. Talents: in addition to being a singer, Dua is the composer of her songs and knows how to play the cello. Lipa has said that she loves to play the instrument but prefers not to take it everywhere, given its size, in addition, her songs are original and are part of her experiences.
4. Inspirations: Lipa has said that her musical and personal style has been inspired by great artists such as Pink, Nelly Furtado, Christina Aguilera, or Alicia Keys.
5. She was not a spoiled child: the star has said that even though her parents are doing very well financially, she has worked very hard to achieve her dreams. She started out as a waitress, then modeled for various brands and even hosted nightclubs so she could have enough money to accomplish her goal.
6. Harry Potter: Lipa has confessed to being an inveterate lover of Harry Potter. Her admiration is so great that during a presentation in Hamburg in 2017, the singer dressed up as the character to celebrate Halloween.
7. They didn’t believe in her: As a child, she tried to enter the school choir, but was rejected because of her voice. Despite this bad drink, Lipa did not give up and look where she is now.